Gut microbiota, DILI, Sepsis, liver injury
1. Explore the role of gut microbiota in sepsis pathogenesis
2. Understanding the crosstalk between commensal microbiota and the host’s circadian disorders
3. Development of novel therapeutic target by multi-omics strategy in drug-induced organ failure and sepsis
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016,2018
2. The award of Young Pearl Scholars of Guangdong province, 2016
3. Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar of Guangdong province, 2016
Recommended Cover stories from P Chen’s lab:
||Volume 69 Issue 3, March 2020
|Gut microbiome and preeclampsia
|Acetaminophen (APAP) induced acute liver failure because of overdose is a leading public health problem. APAP-induced liver injury exhibits diurnal variation, specifically APAP causes more severe liver damage when taken at night compared with in the morning. Our story suggested gut microbiota is involved in the rhythmic hepatotoxicity induced by APAP, by depleting hepatic glutathione levels. Gut microbiota may be a potential target for reducing APAP-induced acute liver injury.
|1. The diurnal variation of acetaminophen induced acute liver injury is dependent on gut microbiota.
|2. Gut microbiota derived PPD played the key role in the diurnal variation of acetaminophen induced hepatotoxicity.
1. Shenhai Gong , Zhengzheng Yan , Zhanguo Liu , Mengwei Niu , Heng Fang , Na Li , Chenyang Huang , Lei Li , Guiming Chen , Haihua Luo , Xiaojiao Chen , Hongwei Zhou , Jingjuan Hu , Wei Yang , Qiaobing Huang , Bernd Schnabl , Ping Chang *, Timothy R Billiar , Yong Jiang* , Peng Chen* Intestinal microbiota mediates the susceptibility to polymicrobial sepsis-induced liver injury by granisetron generation in mice. Hepatology, 69 (4), 1751-1767 Apr 2019
2. Shenhai Gong , Tian Lan , Liyan Zeng , Haihua Luo , Xiaoyu Yang , Na Li , Xiaojiao Chen , Zhanguo Liu , Rui Li , Sanda Win , Shuwen Liu , Hongwei Zhou , Bernd Schnabl , Yong Jiang* , Neil Kaplowitz , Peng Chen* Gut Microbiota Mediates Diurnal Variation of Acetaminophen Induced Acute Liver Injury in Mice. J Hepatol, 69 (1), 51-59 Jul 2018
3. Fangzhao Wang , Shenhai Gong , Teng Wang , Lei Li , Haihua Luo , Junhao Wang , Chenyang Huang , Hongwei Zhou , Guiming Chen , Zhanguo Liu , Qifan Zhang , Yong Jiang* , Peng Chen* Soyasaponin II protects against acute liver failure through diminishing YB-1 phosphorylation and Nlrp3-inflammasome priming in mice. Theranostics, 10 (6), 2714-2726 2020 Feb 3
4. Zhanguo Liu , Na Li , Heng Fang , Xiaojiao Chen , Yuexun Guo , Shenhai Gong , Mengwei Niu , Hongwei Zhou , Yong Jiang , Ping Chang* , Peng Chen* Enteric Dysbiosis Is Associated With Sepsis in Patients. FASEB J, 33 (11), 12299-12310 Nov 2019
5. Mengwei Niu , Zhihong Luo , Shenhai Gong , Sanda Win , Neil Kaplowitz , Yong Jiang *, Peng Chen* Intestinal Epithelial Chemokine (C-C Motif) Ligand 7 Overexpression Enhances Acetaminophen-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Mice. Am J Pathol, 190 (1), 57-67 Jan 2020